2.15.2005

Class Structure

Class was cancelled today. How do I know this you ask? I got a phone call – from my stalker. Fun. If she weren’t cute, I might be nervous. But, we all know that only ugly people are dangerous.

I realized something today that I should have long ago - I am officially ensconced in the lower class. Why I didn’t see this before, I don’t know, but there I am – living lower class. And the odds of moving up any time soon are… lets just say that Colin Goodson wouldn’t take that bet. Nonetheless, there is a special form of tranquility achieved in the state of “poor.” And by poor, I mean po. Money has never been something that had a great deal of significance to me, but having a quantifiably negligible amount of it gives one the liberty to care about other, more important things. Like socks… and….

Screw it: I hate being poo

***UPDATE***
Charlie made an interesting point - I don't mean to say that I do not appreciate that I come from a life of privilege, or that I have a certain safety-web available if things were to go really bad. I only present this as an acknowledgement that I am, by most socio-economic variables, panoptically lower class.

Oh well – I’m grateful that I am not homeless and at least I have my health.

- cough -

Crap.

No comments: