6.30.2008

Does anybody have a breath mint?

Congratulations! A single additional Monday has been allotted to your life - what will you choose to do with it? Currently, I am quietly recouping lost energy at a desk covered in familiar. In the distance I can start to see the day when the mundane of The Job will overtake the comfort of it, but as of today, The Job still suits me pleasantly.

This weekend:
• Took Chuckles to see Iron Man, again. Adequately entertained, again. This was followed by a 3 hours conversation about nothing and everything with Chuckles and my roommates – I love my home.
• Shot some ‘Drinking with Ian’ stuff for Brian. Met some very funny people. Memorable quote:
A: “I’m exhausted from all this simulated humping.”
B: “Yeah, you might want to think about simulating getting tested.”
• Indian wedding! Congrats to Paul and Avni. Avni was one of the prettiest brides I’ve ever seen – Formal Sari FTW! Alisha, as a bridesmaid, looked lovely as well. It made me wonder: are there some brides that intentionally dress their bridesmaids in the ugliest dresses possible in order to ensure that they are the prettiest girls at the party? If so – awesome. I think this should transfer regular (read: non-life ending) parties. If you throw a party, you should be able to mandate that your gender/sexual equal must dress in the least attractive attire possible – perhaps a garbage bag, a urine-soaked poncho, or something Old Navy. Anywho, the after an hour long conversation about religion with strangers at dinner, there was dancing and frivolity. Good stuff.
• Sunday = Chipotle lunch with Marie, several healthy hours of bike riding, handiwork installing new lighting in the kitchen, and evening of writing. Way to go Sunday.

No comments: