9.03.2005

Hypnosis... (<--ellipsis!)


Lo, what the fear of imaginary mice can inspire!

So I've always dismissed hypnosis as at best para-psychology or at worst a cheap parlor trick. I've seen the light my friends - this shit is bananas - b.an.an.as.

Charlie and Melizard were kind enough to drag me to the fair so that I might see the "Hypnochick." Now, it's been years since I sold my double-wide during which time I worked very hard to get rid of my white-trash accent - so naturally, I was hesitant. Charlie and I both got picked to be on the stage, along with about 20 other people. I remember her starting to count down from 5... I remember 4... I remember 3... That’s about it. The next hour of my life is a mystery to me beyond some pics/vids that Lizard skillfully managed to capture for future blackmail. During 60 minutes, I apprently managed;

- to swan dive off the stage chasing a "greased pig"
- to spend upwards of 20 minutes FROZEN in fear of mice
- to be given the gift of hypnosis then promtly hitting a woman in the face trying to put her to sleep. After that, I put myself to sleep... in 'slo-mo'... very complicated
- be a Dixie Chick
- Loose my butt, which according to me subconscience "hurts." (My butt was replaced by Brad Pitts, so it all worked out in the end).

I can't tell you how strange a sensation it is to watch video of yourself acting like a complete jackass and have no goshdarn memory of it. Strangely, Charlie remembers everything. At the end of the show I left feeling better than I've felt in weeks, although I had managed to bruise and scrape every joint on my person. Good times.

So, now I'm a believer. Has anyone else ever been hypnotized? Do you believe in it?

I'll try to get some of the video up here if the gremlins and leprechauns that inhabit my computer can stop warring long enough to make some magic happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great pic. I'd love to see the video. Doesn't look like Charlie went under at all, but you look completly gone.

bietz said...

nice, an update.